Impotence, also known as erectile dysfunction, is the inability that a man may have to be able to have intercourse due to a lack of erection. It can also be caused by premature or involuntary ejaculation. Impotence can occur for different reasons and its origin can be due to problems on the physical or psychic level.
It is a problem that must be supervised by a specialist, but here we will indicate some previous advice that you should know if you are interested in knowing how to treat impotence.
Common causes of impotence
There are different causes that can cause impotence, which we can classify into:
One of the most frequent causes is due to a vascular origin, which occurs when there is not enough blood flow to the penis. This makes the erection unable to maintain a firm shape. This may be due to heart disease, diabetes, high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.
The inability to maintain an erection is one of the first symptoms that heart disease can present, so it is very important to see a doctor. The specialist will prepare the corresponding medical check-up.
In these cases, a change in lifestyle, reducing blood pressure or cholesterol can help improve the cardiac aspect and also solve an impotence problem.
The changes that come with age, such as the reduction in testosterone levels, can be associated with a loss of sexual desire and difficulty in maintaining an erection.
In these cases, the urologist will determine the need to begin medical treatment to replace the hormone. He will also make changes to his diet and maintain a routine that will increase hormone levels. It is also advisable to carry out a healthy diet and exercise.
When treating impotence, you have to know that it can also be due to psychological causes, which mainly have to do with anxiety. This usually occurs in young men or people over 50 years of age.
Among the causes of a psychological nature that can affect the erection are the following:
- Couple problems.
- Self-esteem or insecurity issues.
- Anxiety or fear of not performing properly when performing the sexual act.
In this type of case, it is important to know what exactly is causing the problem in order to proceed to attack it directly. In the event that you suffer from depression or some other psychological problem, you will need to see a professional who can help you solve your problem.
It is very important to be able to solve this type of psychological problems, in order to solve the problems that help improve intimate life.
Other possible causes of an erectile dysfunction are the following:
- Excessive use of alcohol or drugs.
- Neurological problems.
- Intake of some medications that can affect the erection.
Instructions for treating impotence
If you suffer from an impotence problem, you should take into account the following aspects, which are key to being able to solve it:
- First of all, it is important that you consult a specialist urologist about your problem. Often you do not go to these types of doctors because of shame, but it is not something that you have to have. It is a very common situation among many men. The specialist will be the one who can best help you solve your problem and offer you different possible solutions to put an end to this problem. The causes of impotence can be very varied, so it is important to know what has caused it in order to deal with it. Success the problem.
- Once the specialist has determined the causes of erectile dysfunction, the urologist will indicate the treatment to be followed, knowing that in each particular case it will be necessary to opt for one solution or another. The doctor must review the patient’s medical history in detail, after which it will carry out different tests. With them he will evaluate the general state of health and offer the patient the best possible treatment.
You must bear in mind that although you can find natural remedies for it, the reality is that the vast majority are not useful, since for this you have to resort to specialists and not to the intake of food or medications that do not have the supervision of the doctor.
Depending on each case, the specialist will be able to determine if it can be treated with medication (orally, intracavernosal injection, transurethral cannula), with a vacuum pump or a penile prosthesis, among others. There are different alternatives, although for each case it will be more appropriate to opt for one or the other, which must be assessed by a specialist after examining the particular case and knowing the previous clinical history.
What do you need to treat impotence?
- Go to a specialist to diagnose your problem and help you solve it.